Campsite Terms and Conditions
Calgary Area Guiders may use the online booking system to reserve a campsite, paying the booking fee by personal credit card. Anyone else wishing to reserve a site must email email@example.com or call 403-283-8348
The booking fee is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE. A cheque for the site rental fee, postdated to 45 days prior to the start of camp is due within 2 weeks of booking. Please be prompt with your postdated site fee cheque to avoid your reservation being cancelled.
A $25.00 fee will be charged on all NSF cheques.
One night rentals are not available on weekends unless there is no booking within 1 month of the intended stay. Cost includes the booking fee plus site fees for one night. If groups wish to stay more than 2 nights (eg: long weekends) site fees for additional nights will be charged.
If you require assistance or have special requests please call the Guide Centre at 403-283-8348 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation Policy: Site fees will only be refunded if notice of cancellation is received 45 days before start of camp. If camp is cancelled less than 45 days before the starting day of camp, site fees will not be refunded unless another group can be found to take over the booking. In the event that camp has to be cancelled for safety reasons or travel is not recommended, no refund can be offered but groups will be able to reschedule to another weekend available during the present calendar year. To reschedule, contact email@example.com
- Access to the site is permitted after 4 pm on Friday. Weekend rentals end at 2 pm on Sunday. If access is required earlier or later, please contact the Guide Centre. Extra charges may apply.
- It is recommended that at least one adult have site orientation and remain on site for the entire rental period. There is no caretaker on site.
- No pets are allowed on site.
- No fireworks or fireams or illegal activities are allowed on site.
- No recreational cannabis use is permitted on site, and smoking/vaping is only permitted in designated areas.
- Guiding groups are responsible for obtaining acknowledgement or authorization from Safe Guide Assessors prior to the start of camp. Refunds are not given for failure to obtain authorization.
- Site must be left in clean condition or a cleaning fee will be charged. All garbage, compost and recycling must be removed from the site.
- Calgary Area Girl Guides does not supply catering. The renter may make arrangements with an independent caterer but retains responsibility for the upkeep and cleanliness of the site.
- At Camp Jubilee, showers in residential buildings are for emergencies only. Please conserve water, electricity and wood.
- Wood is available in the wood boxes at each site, or near the quonset hut at Jubilee, and in the wood shed at Mockingbird. Campfires should be kept small and water kept handy in case of embers. Please douse fires well after use and put only ashes in the ash barrels provided.
- At Iasg, no fuel burning heat source is allowed in or near the Yurt.
- At Westover, up to 10 canoes are available for rent to GGC members, provided groups have met all Safe Guide requirements. Fees are $15 per canoe per half day, payable on return of keys. Contact Guide Centre to arrange for keys.
- At Mockingbird, renters should be familiar with propane appliances, heaters and lights.
- A fire drill must be conducted within 24 hours of arrival at camp and recorded on the fire drill form in each building.
- All groups are required to submit a campsite use form after camp to report camper numbers and site condition.